17 Must-Do’s For Your Riviera Maya Honeymoon : Part 2
Read on for more expert recommendations for your Riviera Maya Honeymoon trip! We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place with so many natural attractions that we consider must-do activities for the days following your destination wedding in Playa del Carmen or Cancun, all of which can be enjoyed by adults and kids equally.
– Xcaret: A natural park with more than 40 attractions for all ages, Xcaret fuses Yucatan’s natural beauty with the convenience of an all-inclusive park, resulting in a natural sanctuary where the history of Mexico combines with fun traditions and the splendor of the Mayan culture. It has many underground rivers to swim in, trails in the middle of the jungle and mysterious caves that you’ll certainly enjoy. Set aside a whole day out of your Riviera Maya Honeymoon to enjoy this beautiful location together!
– Xel Ha: This is a natural aquatic paradise where crystal clear underground rivers meet and mix with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean… A sort of true natural aquarium. Fresh water river systems and an all-inclusive side of it that will make your eco park experience easy, so that you can just focus on having fun and being on the water all day long!
– Xplor: Now this onlyl is for those who are looking for some adventure and adrenaline during their Riviera Maya honeymoon. Located in the heart of the forest, it offers zip lines over the treetops and swimming paths on an underground river system. Don’t miss out on the floating canals (you go trough them on a raft) which take you along a 1000-feet stalactite wonderland.
– Aktun Chen: Here, you can go exploring in ancient caves (with or without a tour guide), canopy riding on a 1 km circuit that offers 10 zip lines and 2 hanging bridges, snorkelling in an underwater Cenote (absolutely breathtaking… -no pun intended!) and you can visit a serpentary and the big open areas with wild animals.
Riviera Maya Honeymoon shopping
– Quinta Avenida: One of the most famous pedestrian-only walkways in the world, Playa del Carmen’s Fifth Avenue (or “Quinta Avenida”) is a vibrant avenue full of cafes, restaurants, bars, souvenir and specialty shops that you can visit. There are clothing stores selling the latest European trends, as well as Cuban Cigar manufacturing shops and specialized winery stores where you can find a variety of local Rums. A lively atmosphere like no other, everything that happens in Playa del Carmen happens at the “Quinta”. Your Riviera Maya honeymoon would be incomplete without some serious strolling around, with no rush, here!
– La Isla Shopping Village: Located in Cancun’s Hotel Area, this open-air mall is a unique project: navigable waterways and the most prestigious boutiques mix together in an eclectic, vanguardist style. La Isla Shopping Village has the best selection of major international brands, regional restaurants and entertainment. The cherry on top? A breathtaking sunset view over the lagoon! If you are serious about your Riviera Maya honeymoon shopping, then you must visit this place.
– Luxury Avenue: If you want to turn your destination-wedding trip into a destination-shopping trip, the Luxury Avenue is what you are looking for. A few steps from La Isla Shopping Village, this traditional Mall offers its visitors a wide variety of internationally prestigious brands. At Luxury Avenue, you’ll find the latest designs in jewelry, gifts, accessories and fashion. Shopping just got serious.
Finally… relax! One of the most important things to do during your Riviera Maya Honeymoon!
– Cenotes: These places were sacred for Mayans, who used to call them “Xibalba”, meaning the entrance to the underworld. Mesmerizing underground waterholes of fresh water, they are surrounded in most cases by leafy jungle where you’ll feel like a million miles away from the city. These are the absolute best locations for an underwater Trash The Dress photo shoot: These locations not only look stunning in images, but they also have a light quality that you won’t find anywhere else (plus, you also won’t find Cenotes anywhere else in the world!).
– Tulum: This beautiful town has a lot to offer. By the beach, you’ll find hundreds of petit hotels with little bars in the sand that are open to everyone. You can sit back on a relaxing beach chair and have a drink while looking at the amazing, calm blue sea. You can also go along the road to find a lot of eco-chic little shops with beautiful accessories, clothes and natural products or crafts. Don’t forget to visit the mysterious ancient Mayan ruins of Zamá (“Sunrise)”, which were like a “Summer Palace” for the Cozumel-bound ancient civilization. Filled with rich history, you can’t miss this half-day tour. Tip: Don’t forget to wear sunblock and take plenty of water with you!
If you would like to read the complete Riviera Maya honeymoon activities guide and get all the details about our recommendations, click below!
We hope you enjoy these activities, and would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback and comments!