17 Must-Do’s For Your Riviera Maya Honeymoon : Part 1
Wondering about the best activities for your Riviera Maya honeymoon? It’s time to unwind and enjoy the beautiful place we call home after your destination wedding in Mexico. Follow these recommendations and enjoy your riviera maya honeymoon to the fullest!
Go see a show!
– Coco Bongo: A colosseum of entertainment, this Las Vegas style show in a disco-like environment with more than 40 actors, musicians, artists and flying acrobats taking the stage.
– Joyà, Cirque du Soleil: Treat yourselves for a gourmet dinner with champagne, followed by a breathtaking performance where a teenage girl navigates trough a fantasy jungle in a search for the meaning of life.
– Xcaret Mexico Espectacular: You’ll be in for colorful pre-Hispanic dances, equestrian shows and great music performances!
A riviera maya honeymoon is incomplete without a romantic dinner in town!
– Afrodisiako: Patti, originally from Slovakia, has a healthy obsession for delicious Italian-Caribbean food cooked to perfection, and offers a select menu of Italian gourmet dishes. Plus, this is a great spot for cocktails, with many creative options to choose from.
– Alux: Alux is a restaurant that emerges within the depths of a naturally formed cavern, so you’ll find yourself surrounded by stalactites and flow-stones as you sit down for your meal. This original restaurant specializes in Pre-Hispanic, Mexican and international cuisine.
Water activities are must-do Riviera Maya honeymoon activities:
– Scuba diving: From spectacular cenotes and mystical ship wrecks to stunning marine animal scuba diving encounters. On top of it all, here you’ll find the second longest coral reef in the world, action-packed with bursting marine life. There are countless of dive shops that offer courses, trip and equipment for all tastes and budgets. Turn your riviera maya honeymoon into a wonderful adventure!
– Snorkeling cruise: Even if scuba diving is not your vibe, you can still experience the magnificent coral reef and the marine life that lives in it. Snorkeling cruises and trips are offered at all mayor beach locations in the Riviera. You can also get them last minute in town, at the 5th avenue or book them ahead of time trough your travel agent.
– Kitesurfing and SUP: There’s nothing better than feeling the rush of being pulled by the power of the wind with a large power kite at top speed across the water… It’s just like flying over the sea! And, about SUP: this is, all about balance. It will boost your abs and arm strength to the max! You can choose your own speed as you paddle and enjoy the sights of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. For your first time, make sure you take one of the early morning shifts, when the ocean is at its quietest. Plus, you won’t want to miss seeing the sunrise from the water, which can be done from any point at the Playa del Carmen shore. For the more adventurous ones, this can be a very special moment of your riviera maya honeymoon, one that you’ll never forget!
Keep an eye on the rest of our posts, part 2 is coming soon! We will keep sharing wonderful places to visit, and great ideas for things to do.
If you would like to know the details of each activity on this Riviera Maya honeymoon activities list, get our free e-book by clicking below: